Saturday, September 04, 2010

A Crazy Month Gets Crazier


Is it only a week into September? Since returning from San Jose on the last day of August, it's a been a whirlwind, made more swirly by the massive amounts of cold medication Amy and I have been taking to stave off the effects of what are likely to be matching sinus infections from hell. In between tending to our dripping noses, pounding heads, and throbbing throats, we've slogged through the following:

* Endless paperwork and repeated calls and visits to prison for Amy as she prepares for her new gig later this month. (Let's just say that when your full-time job is to counsel and medicate inmates who have mental health issues, you need to jump through a few hoops before they give you a run of the place.)

* Doctor appointments for everyone except me, five in all.

* I won't say how many deadlines for me at work because I want all my clients to think they're my only concern, but, um, well it was more than one. (But yours was my most important, I swear!)

Next week brings three orientation meetings (two for kindergarten for Jada, one for Aaron's new school), five more doctor appointments, and a political fundraiser for my City Council at Large candidate (David Oh in 2011!). All of this flurry is induced in large part by what comes the week after, which is Amy starting her new job, which takes her away from being able to do stuff like doctor appointments (hence getting them all scheduled for right before).

Oh, that's also Jada's first week of kindergarten, as well. And Aaron starts at his new school a few days after. In short, as crazy as September has been, it's slated to get crazier. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go blow about two handfuls of snot into my tissue.

No comments: