Tuesday, June 01, 2010

BB-Cute

I've said it before and I'll say it again: my kids' lives are in big party. Well, in the midst of that one big party, they get invited to actual parties. This weekend brought two.

Alas, the first I forgot our camera for, so no footage exists. But we went to Amy's parents' house. It was a blazing hot day, and when we arrived, the kiddie pool was already set up, so before you could say "take your clothes off," our two exhibitionists were naked and getting into their swimming suits. They proceeded to splash in and around the pool for a good hour, took a quick break to refuel, and then splashed some more. The day also included hot dogs, water ice, and another viewing of Cinderella. The party blew right through their room time - who needs naps when you're having this much fun - so they were pretty crabby by the time we got home. But once they got settled in their rooms, it was literally and figuratively lights out.

The next day, we had been invited to a barbecue on South Street, so we loaded ourselves up on the 40 bus and toddled down there for a rip-roaring good time. Thankfully, I remembered to bring my camera, so I took lots of shots of the fun to share here. The food was delish, the company charming, and there were two other kids who were the nicest things, patiently and generously letting Jada and Aaron attempt to ride their skateboards. This gathering is apparently an annual thing, and it's always capped off with a talent show. Jada and Aaron sang songs, I juggled, Amy did clap-pushups, and otherwise we clapped and laughed along while others did their thing. Alas, it being a school night, we had to bid adieu and get ourselves home. Once again, though it was way past their bedtimes, the kids fell asleep quickly and happily. Life is good when it's a party all the time.










2 comments:

Joel GL said...

I'm thinking Aaron is putting on that white helmet backwards? :-)

LH said...

Joel, nice catch. It reminds me that everyone was fussing about making sure Aaron had the helmet on right except for me, since I quickly realized he was going to be doing nothing more than attempting to stand on top of the skateboard and balance himself. I'll be sure to insist that he put the helmet on correctly when he's racing down the Parkway at 20 mph weaving in and out of traffic and grinding backwards down the Art Museum steps.