Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pitter-Patter



The pitter-patter of little feet: it’s what all expectant parents think of when they dream about the future. As for Amy and me, that pitter-patter is in the here and now, and it is right on top of us. Ever since we moved Jada up to her third-floor bedroom, which is right next to Aaron’s bedroom, both of which are right above our second-floor bedroom, we haven’t stopped hearing their chattering at night and their shuffling around in the morning.

It’s kind of cute to see the two siblings rustling around like that. We’ve reached a good point in the parenting arc with these two: they pester each other now instead of us. So the noise doesn’t bother us; bring on the chattering and the pitter-patter. I’m not sure what I imagined when I imagined this so many years back, but I’ll take it now.

No comments: