Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Forward


In the bizarro world that is parenthood, Amy and I look forward to "springing forward." Sure, we'll lose an hour of sleep, but our kids will wake up at a more reasonable hour now. And just in time, as Aaron has lately been in a stage in which apparently he doesn't need to eat or sleep; he pecks at his food at mealtime, and has announced he's up around 5 several times this week. Essentially, their world hasn't changed; I'm just now going to wake up an hour earlier and reclaim that free and peaceful time I used to have before anyone was up. Thanks to Daylight Savings Time, waking up an hour earlier isn't so bad, since all the clocks are helping trick me into thinking I'm not. Makes no sense, I know . . . unless you live in bizarro world like I do.

No comments: