Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weekend of Eight Naps


Given how full our weekdays are, I almost always have to catch up on sleep on the weekends. Usually this entails making sure I don’t expend both afternoon slots on chores or meetings while the kids are sleeping, but rather blocking off at least one to nap. Lately, I’ve had to sneak in an extra nap on Sunday morning after the kids have had breakfast but before we have to head out for morning worship, finding that they are actually able to watch TV peacefully while sitting on me (and I am actually able to sleep peacefully while being sat on).

This past holiday weekend, though, I must have really been withdrawn on my sleep account. Because I ended up logging eight naps in total:

* Saturday early morning after breakfast but before we headed out for the Please Touch Museum (kids sitting atop me watching TV)

* Saturday early afternoon after lunch (kids also napping)

* Sunday early morning after breakfast but before we headed out for morning worship (kids sitting atop me watching TV)

* Sunday early afternoon after lunch (kids also napping)

* Sunday late afternoon after we came home from the playground but before dinner (kids sitting atop me watching TV)

* Monday early morning after breakfast but before we headed out for furniture shopping (kids sitting atop me watching TV)

* Monday early afternoon after lunch (kids also napping)

* Tuesday early morning after breakfast but before I had to go to work and Amy and the kids had to go to Ocean City (kids sitting atop me watching TV)

And yet, after all that, I'm still feeling a bit withdrawn on my sleep account. Another multiple nap weekend is likely to follow.

No comments: