Saturday, April 18, 2009

Work While They Play


Day care was closed yesterday and Amy was in New York with her sister, so I got a babysitter for the morning and drove everyone to Please Touch Museum. While I found a relatively quiet place to work, the kids and the babysitter hit every single exhibit in the place and rode the carousel three times. They didn't want to leave when lunchtime hit, but clearly they were worn out: I coaxed a three-hour nap out of Aaron in the afternoon, which allowed me to pretty much get a full day's work in even though I was away from the office.

It was a little surreal to be in the Please Touch Museum but not with my kids. Not a bad place to hole up and catch up on some work outside the office. And not a bad place for the kids to be with a babysitter.

No comments: