Monday, June 02, 2008

Real Stress

After a particularly busy week at work, it is appropriate to extend
wishes for a relaxing weekend. Unfortunately, I know of no such
thing. This weekend brought Aaron howling about half the time he was
awake, and throwing food or hitting his sister the other half; and
Jada losing it once on Saturday morning at a restaurant and once on
Sunday evening when she was unsuccessful going poopy because she was
so tired. Both Amy and I are frayed from the experience. In
contrast, being in my office for ten hours straight juggling multiple
clients and multiple deadlines seems, well, tame, since it also means
a respite from my kids, who are safely tucked away at day care. Oh
sure, my job is stressful. But it's nothing compared to the real
stress of the weekend.

No comments: