Sunday, July 15, 2007

3, 2, 1, 0

It would be great for Aaron to sleep from 8 pm to 8 am.  But we have a ways to go to get him there.  Since his stomach is only three hours big, he's usually up at 11 pm, 2 am, and 5 am, which means two "waking up from being asleep" feedings for Amy (11 pm and 2 am) and one "the official start to my day" feeding for me (5 am).  Plus, sometimes for one of Amy's feedings, he'll want to stay up for a good hour before falling back asleep; and sometimes for my feeding, he'll just want to stay up, period.

This week, it seems he's had two feedings just as many times as three, so we're heading in the right direction.  And not a moment to soon, because I dearly miss the things I used to use my mornings for.  I miss outdoor runs, hitting the grocery store instead of having to do it late at night, and my church's Wednesday morning Bible study for men.  On the flip side, I'm sure I'll soon look back on this stage in Aaron's life and lament not having those few minutes to just look at him while he eats.  So that's how it'll be for now - hoping Aaron can go from three to two to one to zero nighttime feedings, but savoring those feedings while I still can. 

No comments: