Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dessert Eater







When I was little, my sister and I would go over to our aunt's house pretty often. She had two kids, and I distinctly remember that when she would serve dessert, I out of the four young'uns would invariably end up eating more than my fair share. I hadn't yet learned the etiquette of holding back; I just thought my aunt's desserts were delicious, and wanted to make the most of every opportunity to enjoy them.

Flash-forward a generation, and we've got a little one who also likes to eat her fair share and then some. Here are some pics from a social gathering of six adults and one bon-bon. Whilst us adults discoursed on grown-up topics like the Eagles and routers and birth certificates, Jada pounded the fresh fruit. And pounded it and pounded it, and after we adults had nibbled at it a little, she pounded it some more. Like father, like daughter, I guess.

No comments: