Monday, January 02, 2006

A Little Heart



Amy and I took Jada to dim sum in Chinatown today. Dim sum translates to “a little heart,” which is not what they serve but how what they consider the meal to be: sharing of one another in community. Indeed, especially on a holiday, the place was packed with people of all ages, enjoying food and family and fun in a setting that though bustling and boisterous was somehow also intimate and serene. It was a real authentic experience, one that Amy and I enjoyed immensely, as did Jada. She also liked the food, opening wide for the “giam gwei” (Taiwanese pronunciation, I don’t know how to say it in Mandarin or English). Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrat Lee and Amy!! I love to see pictures of Jada. I have a blog too, its at www.xanga.com\vicventures. You can see pictures of little Christian there.

Blessings,
Vicky